Sunday, March 6, 2011

"YOU MY TRUE FRIEND" By: Karina Garcia

Your voice soothes me and your lyrics move me
Your smile is contagious and your spirit is outrageous
You say you are cold and distant
But to me you are warm and close
We are the same in many ways only I'm a girl and you are a boy
We are different yet the same, as what's in a name?
Our bond is like no other yet it wasn't too long ago that we didn’t even know one another
Up until not too long ago I only knew your name
Now you comfort my pain and our friendship isn't in vain
Your honesty with me is key and friends is what we'll be as you definitely relate very well to me
There was something about you the day we met that somehow I knew we would be friends one day
We met by chance not once but twice but suddenly we shared a vice for music and poetry
Immediately you called me a friend and I hope to share this friendship until the end
I feel your words in my heart and soul
They creep under my skin and give my life inspiration and deeper meaning
They usually cause butterflies in my stomach and many sentiments all at once
When they all come together I gain a deeper sense of understanding of art, poetry, music, life & love 
The only things I need in life to achieve the true pursuit of happiness

My friendship with you takes me back to my friendships of my youth
Where I could still be a girl in every single way and every single day
Yet the boys always asked me to come out and play and hang as if I was just one of the boys
Without the misconception that we’d be more than friends or that I’d be so prissy
Just like all the other missies afraid to scrape their knees rollerblading or riding bike
Afraid to break a nail if we took a hike, climbed a tree or jumped a fence instead we just let things be
Don’t get me wrong I was a feminine as can be only they just saw me for me and let me be
We saw right through our differences and got each other through the good times and the bad
We laughed together when we were happy and cried together when we were sad
We were like brothers and sisters and nothing or no one came between us
Now we are just all grown up yet still find time to say what’s up
I know we’ll be friends forever although I could see us together
We are free and kindred spirits sharing intellect, intelligence and artistic insight
Deeply connected synchronicity in time and space as our thoughts are intriguing, dark and complex
You share with me lyrical texts and it reminds me of what we like to call spiritual sex
Especially when your muse the rain too becomes my muse as it ignites my fuse
The rain turns on my desire I get inspired and become amused as words flow with every rain drop
I feel your presence when you’re not there and begin to smile as you so admire
Our bond is like no other yet it wasn't too long ago that we didn’t even know one another
I’d rather remain friends forever although I once thought I could see us together


No comments:

Post a Comment