Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Love as An All Encompassing Blanket" By: Karina Garcia

I would love to be the woman that meets a man who can "love" her deeply while remaining himself;
Exploring and Growing as an individual without letting "me" become an all encompassing blanket over him;

I would love to be the woman that meets this man and that "I" too can "love" him deeply while remaining myself; Exploring and Growing as an individual without letting "him" become an all encompassing blanket over me;

I would love to be the woman who is "loved" deeply by a man that "I" too love deeply and "together" we can remain ourselves; Exploring and Growing as individuals without either one of us becoming all encompassing blankets over one another;

Instead together "we" can share our life experiences and our explorations with one another
And while growing as individuals we grow together rather than apart and learn from one another and we can share the blanket that will encompass each other together and grow happy together

We may ask each other, how is the weather?
Knowing we were meant to be together always and forever
And we'll keep on going together and never say never
That is "True Love"

I may have already met this man and maybe he just didn't fit into my plans; or
Maybe this man hasn't fallen into the palm of my hands; or
Did this part of my life happen while I was busy making other plans?

One day I'll understand
It may be the man who lay next to me in the sand
Who is holding my hand

I lay here with you in the sand while holding a blanket in my hand
While you hold my other hand
Please tell me I am that woman and you are that man
So we can share this blanket throughout the rest of our lives
Knowing we will forever grow together and not apart
As you've already won my heart

So hold on tight
All throughout the night
And in the morning we will see the light
And keep each other in our sights






No comments:

Post a Comment