Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Me ~ By: Karina Garcia

Me
I am me
This me I'll always be
Whoever that is she
That is me
I am free to be
Just not from whoever that is she
That is me
She holds me back from being truly free
From being all that is I want to be
Perhaps she'll set me free that me who won't let me be all that I can be
Together we can set our other halves free
Live in full harmony of that which is she; that is me wrapped up in one body, one mind and one soul.

We'll forget what we're told
We'll never grow old
Always remain bold
There are many things I've been told
Yet I've never let myself become completely sold
My longing to have someone to hold has at times made me vulnerable to ignore what I've been told
I've allowed myself to be sold
Thus letting myself be left in the cold just to have had a minute of warmth and someone to hold.

Me
I am me
This me I'll always be
Whoever that is she
That is me
I am free to be
Just not from whoever that is she
That is me
She holds me back from being truly free and leaves me open to all this vulnerability
It's time I take full responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment