Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Grounded" By: Karina Garcia

Grounded and Wanting to Fly
Day after Day I continuously try
My Wings feel clipped at my finger tips

Grounded and Wanting to Fly
I sit and look up at the sky
And I continuously try
I need to reach high
Just high enough so I can take flight and once again see the light
So my wings can shine bright and be a beautiful sight when I take flight

As I sit and look up at the sky
I wonder why I cannot fly
Although I continuously try
Some days I even cry
Of how hard I try
As there was once a time
When I could always fly
Without even having to try
Yet that was before we said goodbye

My wings feel clipped at my finger tips
As I can no longer feel your lips
Nor your hands on my hips as you so tightly used to grip

Now instead I'm grounded
And my wings feel clipped at my finger tips
I'm just dumfounded
As it is with much love that I am surrounded
Yet I let you make me feel grounded and wanting to fly
And all I can do is cry
And I ask myself "WHY?"

Again I sit and look up at the sky
But this time I'm not wondering why
And I will not cry
My tears will dry
So I can once again fly and soar high
Because this time I will reach the sky so high when I take flight; and
Once again I will see the light
My wings will shine so bright
It will again be a beautiful sight
As I can once again take flight

No comments:

Post a Comment