Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Familia!" By: Karina Garcia

Families are big and small
Sometimes they are filled with people who are not related at all.
A family is not defined by anything other than what you choose to define it as such.
The definition doesn't matter much.
Families are people who come together, enjoy the time they spend together & love, support & care for each other unconditionally.
That's what I call family, all my brothers & sisters with me.
For me family is people who come together and share, who love one another and care
no matter time or place or nationality or race we enjoy being in each other’s space.
We usually bring smiles to each other’s face and are there to catch one another if we fall.
Together we can endure it all.
We're there for each other when someone calls sometimes we may want to go together to the mall.
We lend out our hands to help our friends.
We share our stories of joy & sorrow.
We know we can count on each other for certain tomorrow.
We dance & sing & share many things.
Sometimes we even smoke & drink. With no cares of what other people think.
We teach each other to swim & not let any of us sink.
So now I raise my glass and toast to the most important people in my life my friends & family and then we'll drink to what I think that we are family and that we'll always be.
I promise you will see.
Did I ever tell you all how much I love thee?
If not you won't have to wait too long to see you'll know if you know me.
So cheers to you my family as we gather together continuously.

No comments:

Post a Comment