Sunday, March 6, 2011

"I've Known You Nearly Twenty Years" By: Karina Garcia

I've known you nearly twenty years.
I can still remember the last time I had u near.
For me you were always here.
A lot has happened through the years. 
U were always the one who took away my tears.
No matter what you were going through.
My happiness was most important to you. 
Seeing me smile was such a delight.
We never ever did fight.
Losing our friendship was once your fear and now it's you who can't be near.
Loving me as more than your friend was something you couldn't get yourself to comprehend. Even when I told you we'd always be best friends. 
I couldn't get you to compromise
Yet, that should’ve come as no surprise.
But that was what led to our demise.
As sexual tensions began to rise….!
You feared the love in my eyes.
When you thought it would be you who would make me cry you didn't even want to try.
Some days I think it was all a lie when you said it was lust & stopping it was a must.
It was just yourself you couldn't trust and you blamed it all on lust so there would never be an us. 
It's been several years since I've had u near but it wasn't me who made it real:
As in that which was your greatest fear?
It was you that walked away by saying it was for the best yet all you left was one big mess!
Yet I never loved you less because I miss your sweet caress,
When you ran your fingers through my hair and said you'd always be there.
Why must life be so unfair?
 I'd rather go back to playing spin the bottle or truth or dare rather than wonder if for me you still care and sit around wishing that when I open my eyes you'd be once again there playing with my hair.
I miss my best friend I wish I could comprehend why this friendship had to end?
I've pondered time and again what I must do for us to mend and have this friendship once again?
There's so much I've had to endure and some days your friendship would’ve been the cure.
About that I am truly sure.      
I tried your number to see if it was the same.
When you answered I said my name.
So then I spoke to you today.
Yet you didn’t have too much to say.
You acted as if I’d seen you yesterday.
Is this some silly act you play?
Or simply just a game my mind continues to play?
Maybe I’ll talk to you another day.
Hopefully you’ll have more to say.
For now I’ll just remember yesterday.
When from my life you were far away.
And continue to go about the rest of my days.
I've known you nearly twenty years
But now it's as if you were never here

No comments:

Post a Comment