Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self ~ By: Karina Garcia

Self
I analyze
Never seem to rationalize
Always feeling paralyzed
I didn't just realize
Myself I just always criticize
Which makes me fantasize of the goals I wish to realize and no longer feel paralyzed yet I continue to overanalyze

Self
Perhaps too analytical
Making me so self critical
Yet this is so typical me
It's the one constant that is me
Perhaps is how I'll always be
Wanting rationality to fit that which is my personality
Yet that's just not my reality

Self
Always searching for contentment
While holding on to my own self resentments
My mind is just relentless
Filled with scattered thoughts which I don't ever piece together  They seem to remain there forever

Self
I want to read you from the outside
Escape my own mind
Before it leads me to my own self demise
I know myself's perspective from both the inside and the outside Believe me I never lie
I'd rather die than let you see me cry

Self
Deep thoughts scattered
Nothing seems to matter
Yet everything makes my world seem shattered
Yet that to mine self should come as no surprise
As that is how I see my world through my own eyes
Eyes who often cry afraid of my own self demise

Self
I am too filled with pride that which I never hide
Letting all feelings rest aside that which I also never hide
You just will never see me cry
Not even if this is goodbye





No comments:

Post a Comment