Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Dancing In The Rain" By: Karina Garcia

In the darkness here I lay.
I close my eyes and listen to the rain.
I feel the sudden onset of pain.
My love for you was never in vain.
Why did we cause each other so much pain?
I feel we made each other go insane.
When? I’d rather just still be dancing with you in this rain.
Instead I hear so much rattling & rambling in my brain.
Someone please keep me restrained.
As I’m fighting off these evil feelings of rage!
When instead I should’ve loved you through every stage and at every age?
Memories of you will never fade away.
It was with you I thought I would always stay.
Instead we both just chose our separate ways.
I remember walking in the sand barefoot hand in hand.
In that white dress I once wore we took our vows right at the shore.
Vows not written in a book yet inspired by one another’s look.
After the beach that day you picked me up and carried me away.
In your arms I thought I’d remain just in another domain.
We already knew what we had in store.
I thought we were just opening another door.
Instead our love fell to the floor.
How did we get here to the place I will always fear?
I guess my fear didn’t let me hear when you said our end was near.
Then instead I declared it the end because I couldn’t let it be you who brought us to the end;
And then tell me you’d always be my friend.
I’d convinced myself I didn’t love you anymore and started opening up other doors.
But then I fell to pieces and landed on the floor until I found my way up and through another door.
One of those doors led me to you and I didn’t know what I should do.
I thought I didn’t have a clue but then I realized I still loved you.
I did everything I could for you to stay.
But had I really already driven your love away.
If I did I never meant to hurt you in any way.
But it was you who went away and left me there alone to stay.
Now there are so many things I could say.
But again they would be mind games that we play and my heart would rather you stayed away to let this love fade away.
You told me as a friend you’d love me till the end and you wanted my heart to mend.
I know you’ll always have a shoulder for me to cry on and an ear to lend.
But you too my friend, need your heart to mend but in me you’ll always have a friend.
If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t wonder how we came to an end?
I’d go through it all over again because in the end I gained a friend.
I know you will always have me in your heart.
But it was for the best that we did part.
So that one day you’ll find love and happiness again.
Just the same in my heart you will remain but I’ve found love and happiness again.
In the darkness here I lay.
I close my eyes and listen to the rain.
I no longer feel the pain.
The sound just makes me want to go out and play.
What can I say?
Although, my love for you was never in vain.

I’m once again dancing happily in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment