Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Responsibility is Knocking on My Door" By: Karina Garcia

Writing, Singing, Dancing,
Performing, Laughing, Loving,
Hugging, Caring, Sharing
This is what my life is in a nutshell now
Responsibilities are knocking
But I’m not answering the door
As when I think of them
I feel like I’m going to fall through the floor
I’m enjoying every moment
Whether Happy or Sad
Taking the Good with the Bad
As I’m living the life I never had
Not that it was ever so bad
Just these are the days I longed for in so many ways
And I hope they are here to stay
Art, Poetry & Music Surrounds Me
Creativity & Talent at its finest
All which were always part of my existence and so much of who I am
But when responsibility came knocking it was another me walking & talking
But now there’s so much more to me I’m finding as I continue unwinding
Creating new friendships which are binding
New interests which I am liking
Like when I was really into mountain biking
Continuously digging into my psyche
Trying hard to one day likely
Make this journey a permanent reality
Where my art & responsibility become one
And I can continue having fun
While living this dream which is what it now seems
Yet turning this lifestyle into a way to make a living
So I can continue giving and still enjoy the life I’m living
Without having to answer the door
Of the responsibilities which are now knocking
Because it would be who I am they’d be stopping
And once again another me walking and talking and ripping at the seams
Because it’s time for me to realize my dreams
And once again just simply be me
I want to be me the one I see
Me the one filled with hope ideas and creativity
Enjoying activities and floating with gravity
Yes this is my new reality
Finding my identity which was once lost
In the midst of society and expectations
None of which matters now so I sent her on a permanent vacation
This is me now on location living life like a vacation
Writing, Singing, Dancing,
Performing, Laughing, Loving,
Hugging, Caring, Sharing
This is what my life is in a nutshell now
And hopefully forever as it’s me I have finally found
Responsibilities are knocking but I’m not answering the door
As I’m not letting you make me fall through the floor
As my life holds too much more      
Which will one day lead to a better door
One on which you won’t be knocking anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment